Guide to wedding dress quality
– what every bride needs to know before buying a bridal gown.
If you are searching for an answer to questions like:
- How much does a wedding dress cost?
- What is the difference between a good quality and bad quality wedding dress?
- What type of wedding dress would look good on me?
- Where should I buy my wedding dress from? Is it safe to order it online?
We have the answers for you.
Quality and price
Wedding dresses can be divided into 3 groups based on how they are manufactured: (note: this applies to Europe only. For our American friends things get a bit crazy…)
“High-end dresses” are manufactured by a small group of very exclusive manufacturers and brands compete to become their customer. Each high-end dress uses good materials and requires tens of hours to make. Their fit is far superior to the other groups; they can make you look amazing even if you don’t have the perfect body. They work well in larger sizes also. Their only downside is price.
- Prices range is usually from 1100€ to 4000€.
“Medium quality dresses” usually have fairly good materials but they have been designed to be much more simple with fewer cuts, fewer details and less support. The simplified design hurts their fit but also allows them to be manufactured quick and cheap. They can look good especially if you have a great body. They are often available only in small sizes.
- Price range is usually from 400€ to 1100€.
“Low quality dresses” are often sold only online as wedding dress shops won’t do business with these companies. There are many issues with this category including poor quality, poor fit and poor human rights for the workers.
-Their prices range from 100€ to 400€.