Victoria & Vincent Fashion Show 2018
– Amazing models with developmental disabilities rock the runway
We organized a unique fashion show where we wanted to highlight the hidden potential of people with developmental disabilities like down syndrome. Only 2-3% of people with developmental disabilities are in working life while many of them would love to work and would be more than capable of doing so.
As far as we know the event was first of its kind in this scale but will hopefully inspire many others. All models have a developmental disability. They were hired to be a runway model and paid the same any other model would get for the same job. No special treatment, lots of responsibility, i.e. not an easy job! We are incredibly proud of this new generation of models who proved that when it comes to bringing lots of positive attitudes, getting the audience fired up, and looking fabulous, they can do a better job than any other model could have.
Big thanks to our partners who made this possible:
- The Finnish association on intellectual and developmental disabilities (FAIDD), who are more than just the best model agency in Finland. They also do incredible work representing people with developmental disabilities.
- Love Me Do wedding event, who organized a million things for us including the stage, lights, makeup, invitations, and much more.
- Ilta Sanomat (in Finnish)
- Kodin kuvalehti (in Finnish)
- Estonian news (in Estonian)
- Anna magazine (in Finnish)